RN Case Manager
Our RN case managers plan and deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, interventions, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, care givers, and other interdisciplinary team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Some of their responsibilities are listed below:
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family care to support terminally ill patients and families in home, skilled nursing facility or residential care facility.
- Utilize teaching, assessment, and intervention skills to provide comfort, care and maximize the quality of life for the patients and families
- Assess home care needs, being aware of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects and gather data on social, economic and cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality of life.
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect confidentially and privacy
- Provide direct care to patients as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care in order to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life and assuming primary responsibility for case management.
- Evaluate and perform ongoing assessment and revise initial written plan of care with Interdisciplinary collaboration weekly or as the needs and conditions of the patient/family change.
- Authorize, coordinate and supervise care, as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, with contracted vendors in order to meet the needs of the patient.