A Hospice chaplain assures the provision of spiritual care to patients and their families either directly or in co-ordination with other spiritual counselors.
Their responsibilities will include:
- Direct Spiritual care to patients and their care givers
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication
- Accepts and performs other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Provide direct pastoral non-denominational care to patients and families including spiritual assessment, crisis intervention, counseling and linkage with spiritual resources.
- Maintain records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development and policy and procedure review and revision.